Friday, October 25, 2013

The theme of my artwork is "time". You could look at this and think many reasons to why it has to do with time. To me, when I made this, the purpose was to see that the woman is waiting at the bus stop getting ready to leave home. Obviously, time passes as she waits for the bus to come. You could look at this in deeper meaning but I had trouble doing that. I started over three times. I stared off using watercolor. I didn't like how that turned out so I used acrilic paint. Again, I didn't like how that turned out either. My very last try I thought of something different, so I went about collaging pictures together. It looks so much neater now, but I feel like I could have done more to it. I didn't like this project too much but overall I think my piece turned out okay. The process in making this was simple. I found pictures online and printed it out on glossy paper. I cut everything out and glued it down. Making the glue I used 70% glue and 30% water. To give it a flat and better look I hot glued my paper to card board as a final touch.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

This is a candle holder vessle. The process in making this was pretty simple yet a lot of work. I started off with my sketch, and from that I was able to continue on. I got a huge clump of clay and started forming the shapes I needed to put the whole thing together. In order to attach my other pieces I had to use a technique called "slip and score". I took a knife like tool and make scrates on the clay. I then sprayed water on the scratches in order to keep the pieces from falling off. After I finished putting everything together I barely covered it with a plastic bag to let the whole thing dry. After it hardened it was then put into the kiln.Once it was out I found my glaze color and coded it with about three layers of glaze to get that nice glossy look.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

In this project I used intertextuality. When you first look at a one hundred dollar bill, you would know that a president is in the middle, but for the purpose of intertextuality I replaced that with a barbie. The technique I used to make this piece were stencils and spray paint. I want to try and use a different technique for almost every one of my project to try something new and have more practice in a variety of things. I'd say stencils and spray paint were a success for me and I really like how my project turned out.