Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

This is a candle holder vessle. The process in making this was pretty simple yet a lot of work. I started off with my sketch, and from that I was able to continue on. I got a huge clump of clay and started forming the shapes I needed to put the whole thing together. In order to attach my other pieces I had to use a technique called "slip and score". I took a knife like tool and make scrates on the clay. I then sprayed water on the scratches in order to keep the pieces from falling off. After I finished putting everything together I barely covered it with a plastic bag to let the whole thing dry. After it hardened it was then put into the kiln.Once it was out I found my glaze color and coded it with about three layers of glaze to get that nice glossy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment